Deliveries and Returns
- The Books Plaza is committed to ensuring your satisfaction with any merchandise you have ordered from us.
- At The Books Plaza we offer an easy 14 days refund or exchange policy. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, you may exchange or return most merchandise bought from The Books Plaza.
- In the unlikely event that any merchandise you have ordered from us is not received in good condition, is damaged or defective, or if merchandise delivered is different from what you had expected, you may return the merchandise unused, and in the same condition as you received it, in its original packaging along with original tags, for a refund or an exchange, within 14 days from the date on which these merchandise are delivered.
- You may return the merchandise to us in the following ways:
- We will arrange for the merchandise to be collected from the delivery address through courier, and returned to us. We shall process the return subject to receipt of the merchandise at our location in unused condition in its original packaging along with original tags and invoice, failing which return/ exchange / refund may not be possible. In some cases you will have to courier us the merchandise.
- Any returns/exchanges at The Books Plaza stores, or through courier, must be accompanied by the original sale invoice, which is shipped along with the merchandise. We will not be able to accept returns which are not accompanied by the relevant original sales invoice.
- Before accepting delivery of any merchandise, please ensure that the packaging has not been damaged or tampered with. If you believe that the merchandise is not in a good condition, or if the packaging is tampered with or damaged, before accepting delivery of the merchandise, please refuse to take delivery of the package. We shall make our best efforts to ensure that a replacement delivery is made to you at the earliest.
- While we shall make our best efforts to ensure that you are fully satisfied with any merchandise you order from The Books Plaza, we shall be unable to accept returns or exchanges of the Gift Vouchers & Book Rewards membership and e-Readers.
Any Book rewards points which are accumulated at the time of purchase will be reversed if such merchandise, on which points were earned, is returned.
- In the event you return any merchandise which is delivered to you in damaged/defective condition, we will also refund the shipping charges applicable to that merchandise, if we are unable to exchange or replace the merchandise. The replacement merchandise will be shipped to you at no additional shipping charge.
Returns/Exchange through courier collection:
- If you request a return/exchange through courier collection, at the time of collecting the merchandise, you will be given a courier Airway Bill, which is to be retained for future reference. Please also keep a copy of the sales invoice for future reference, before handing over the return merchandise and original sales invoice to the courier. We will send the original invoice back to you through courier, after processing your return/exchange request.
- Exchanges through courier collection shall only be done, for merchandise with exactly the same price as the merchandise being returned. Please indicate clearly the replacement merchandise requested and our Customer Care Associate will check and confirm if the merchandise is available in stock and whether the exchange can be made.
- Any refund against a “return request” made to The Books Plaza customer support, and collected by courier from the delivery address where the merchandise was originally delivered, shall be processed only upon receipt of the merchandise in unused condition, along with the original sales invoice.
- After the merchandise is received by The Books Plaza, and subject to verification of the purchase and condition of merchandise we shall process a refund/exchange within 5 working days of receipt of the merchandise.
- Refunds of payments charged to the Cardholder’s credit card will only be credited back to the Cardholder’s credit card account, which was used to pay for the original order. Please note that we shall not be responsible for any delays in credit to the Cardholder’s credit card account as that is managed by the Cardholder’s issuing bank.
- Some merchandise can only be returned through courier collection process.
You may pay for your purchases on The Books Plaza using one of the following options:-
- Valid Credit Cards (VISA or Master).
- Valid Debit Cards (VISA or Master) may be used, if your issuing bank permits you to use these online.
- American Express Credit Cards.
- Net Banking. (Banks such as ICICI bank, Axis bank, State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Yes Bank etc.)
- Cash on Delivery
- We do not permit Bank deposit, Bank Eft, or ATM deposits as of now, but we are in the process of launching such services very soon.
- We are also in the process of launching E-gift vouchers very soon.
Secure Card payments
- The Books Plaza accepts Visa & Master credit cards and debit cards and is committed to provide a safe transaction environment by using a secure process for payment handling.
- To enhance security of your payment data, you are automatically redirected to the acquiring bank’s payment gateway website, where all required transaction details (i.e. credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV etc.)
- For greater security, we have enabled our systems for ‘Verified by VISA’ and ‘Master card Secure Code’ facility, applicable to VISA and MASTERCARD respectively. This is an additional security measure necessitating you to enter a password which only you, the card holder, can have access to. Also, The Books Plaza does not capture any such passwords and you enter this directly into a bank’s secure system.
- It is not uncommon for a request for credit / debit card authorization to fail once or twice before the card is finally authorized. This happens due to problems with your card issuing banks servers. You must try again till you get a successful notification.
- At times the bank’s payment servers or your issuing banks payment servers may be down, in which case a message will be posted informing you of the same. Under such circumstances, you can continue shopping and add merchandise to the bag which would then be saved and you can come back later and complete the payment transaction within 24 hours.
- Payment on your card bill will appear in your local currency (as per the norms of your card issuing bank). Your card will be charged in Indian currency as per the prevailing rate of exchange and charge policies of your card issuer.
Secure Net Banking Options
- You can make a payment through Net Banking directly from your Bank account. It works just like you make payments from your bank account.
- n the Billing Information page chooses Net Banking from the payment options and click on ‘Pay‘ button at the bottom, Choose the Internet option & select your preferred bank from the drop-down.
- You will be diverted to your Bank’s login page from where you can login using your Net Banking login id and password and complete the payment. After the payment is successfully completed you will be diverted back to our site where your order confirmation will be generated.
Cash on Delivery (COD) Service:-
We offer “Cash on delivery” (COD) service only to limited items and limited pin codes in India.
- On the Product detail page for any item, you will see an image for “COD” or “Cash on Delivery” respectively, ONLY if the service is applicable to the particular item.
- On Selection of COD as payment option you will get a button to “Generate COD Verification code”, kindly enter the verification code that is sent on your registered mobile number and then your order will be confirmed.
- Please note on receipt of order we will verify the order by calling you on the cell number provided in the shipping address.
- Hence it is Mandatory to enter contact number in the Shipping Address for COD billings.
- Once the Order is verified we will start its procurement.
- The shipment will arrive at your shipping address in the specified timelines as mentioned on the product detail page of the item.
- You will have to pay for the EXACT invoice value when our courier person visits your shipping address along with the shipment. All payments are to be made by CASH only. We do not accept Gift vouchers, Credit notes or any other payment mode for “Cash on delivery” shipments. We are not responsible for excess payment made by you to the courier person.
- Please check the physical condition of the shipment before payment. All shipments are sent to you in tamper-evident packaging. In the unlikely event that the package delivered to you is not in sealed condition or looks like it has been opened or tampered with, please do not accept the same, or insist on open delivery and acknowledge receipt only after you have verified the contents are in order as per the accompanying invoice. In case you are not the recipient, please communicate the same to the recipient as well.
- We will give a call on the phone number provided by you before we attempt the delivery of the shipment, this is to confirm your availability on delivery. If we are not able to talk to you then we will hold the shipment. We are not responsible for the delay of the shipment in such cases.
- You are requested to be available or arrange for your person to receive the delivery once you have made the purchase. We deliver only during office hours. We do not deliver on Sundays and Public holidays. You can also put in your comments in the order Instruction slot available on the billing page; we will try our best to satisfy your request.
- We allow a maximum order value of Rs. 2000/- for every COD shipment. You will have to raise a new order for the other items (if any).
Coupons:- You can get discounts on your payments through our special coupon codes, these are
We reserve the right to change these terms & conditions from time to time without any obligation to inform you and it is your responsibility to look through them as often as possible.
Ownership of rights
all rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to The Books Plaza Bookstore. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the written permission of The Books Plaza Bookstores Ltd. You may not modify, distribute or re-post something on this website for any purpose.
Account and Registration Obligations
The Books Plaza does not want to receive confidential, proprietary or trade secret information through this Website (excluding information related to any order you submit). Please note that any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to The Books Plaza will be deemed non-confidential. By submitting any such information, you are granting The Books Plaza an irrevocable and unrestricted license to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute such materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments for any purpose whatsoever. However, we will not use your name in connection with any such materials, information, suggestions, and ideas or comments unless we first obtain your permission or otherwise are required by law to do so.
- To maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or not current or if The Books Plaza has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, and not current or not in accordance with the User Agreement, The Books Plaza has the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to the Website.
- That in the event that a non-delivery occurs on account of a mistake by you (i.e. wrong name or address or any other wrong information) any extra cost incurred by The Books Plaza for redelivery shall be claimed from you and you shall pay such cost.
- That you will use the services provided by The Books Plaza, its affiliates, consultants and contracted companies, for lawful purposes only and comply with all applicable laws and regulations while using the Website and transacting on the Website.
- You will provide authentic and true information in all instances where such information is requested of you. The Books Plaza reserves the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by you at any point of time. If upon confirmation your details are found not to be true (wholly or partly), The Books Plaza has the right in its sole discretion to reject the registration and debar you from using the Services of The Books Plaza and or other affiliated websites without prior intimation whatsoever.
- That you are accessing the services available on this Website and transacting at your sole risk and are using your best and prudent judgment before entering into any transaction through this Website
- That the address at which delivery of the merchandise ordered by you is to be made will be correct and proper in all respects.
- That before placing an order you will check the merchandise description carefully. By placing an order for merchandise you agree to be bound by the conditions of sale and invitation of offer included in the merchandise description.
You shall not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material.
- Transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice.
- Gaining unauthorized access to other computer systems.
- Interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website.
- Breaching any applicable laws;
- Interfering or disrupting networks or websites connected to the Website.
- Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
While The Books Plaza strives to provide accurate merchandise and pricing information, pricing or typographical errors may occur. The Books Plaza cannot confirm the price of merchandise until after you order. In the event that merchandise is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or merchandise information, The Books Plaza shall have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that merchandise, unless the merchandise has already been dispatched. In the event that merchandise is mis-priced, The Books Plaza may, at its discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Unless the merchandise ordered by you has been dispatched, your offer will not be deemed accepted and The Books Plaza will have the right to modify the price of the merchandise and contact you for further instructions using the e-mail address provided by you during the time of registration, or cancel the order and notify you of such cancellation. In the event that The Books Plaza accepts your order the same shall be debited to your credit / debit card account and duly notified to you by email that the payment has been processed. The payment may be processed prior to The Books Plaza dispatches the merchandise that you have ordered. If we have to cancel the order after we have processed the payment, the said amount will be reversed back to your credit / debit card account.
We strive to provide you with best value. However, sometimes a price online may not match the price in a store in your particular geographic region and store pricing may sometimes differ from online prices. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
Cancellation by The Books Plaza
please note that there may be certain orders that we are unable to accept and must cancel. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason. Some situations that may result in your order being canceled include limitations on quantities available for purchase, inaccuracies or errors in merchandise or pricing information, or problems identified by our credit and fraud avoidance department. We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will inform you if all or any portion of your order is canceled or if additional information is required to accept your order. If your order is cancelled after your credit / debit card has been charged, the said amount will be reversed back in your Card Account.
We will seek authorization on your Card for the aggregate amount of the order placed by you, however, we may charge your card (capture) only with the amount corresponding to the actual portion of the order that we are able/willing to fulfill, and any associated shipping charges/taxes and levies etc. Any surplus amount, for which we might have originally sought and received an authorization on your card from your Card Issuer, if not captured by us in the time period stipulated by our Merchant Banker, will not be captured / charged. If however the same is charged to your card / bank account in error, we will refund it as soon as the same is realized by us or brought to our notice, whichever is sooner. The Books Plaza reserves the right to capture / charge your card to the full or partial authorized amount for the concerned order.
Cancellations by the customer
You may cancel your order or some merchandise in your order before we bill and ship the merchandise. You may also exchange the merchandise or get a refund by returning the merchandise (with the exception of Gift certificates & Book rewards membership) in unused, saleable condition in its original packaging along with original tags, for a return or an exchange, within 14 days from the date on which these merchandise are delivered. For details of how to exercise this right please see our Returns Policy. The Books Plaza does not accept returns or exchanges of Gift vouchers & Book Rewards Membership. In case we receive a cancellation notice and the order has not been processed /approved by us, we shall cancel the order and refund the entire amount, if any, charged to your card. However, orders placed for the Book Rewards Membership or gift vouchers cannot be canceled or returned. The customer agrees not to dispute the decision made by The Books Plaza and accept The Books Plaza decision regarding the cancellation.
Copyright & Trademark
The Books Plaza and its suppliers and licensors expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in all text, programs, merchandise, processes, technology, content and other materials, which appear on this Website. Access to this Website does not confer and shall not be considered as conferring upon anyone any license under any of The Books Plaza or any third party’s intellectual property rights. All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to The Books Plaza. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of The Books Plaza. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose.
The Books Plaza names and logos and all related merchandise and service names, design marks and slogans are the trademarks or service marks of The Books Plaza Bookstores Ltd. All other marks are the property of their respective companies. No trademark or service mark license is granted in connection with the materials contained on this Website. Access to this Website does not authorize anyone to use any name, logo or mark in any manner.
References on this Website to any names, marks, merchandise or services of third parties or hypertext links to third party websites or information are provided solely as a convenience to you and do not in any way constitute or imply The Books Plaza endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party, information, merchandise or service.
The Books Plaza is not responsible for the content of any third party websites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of material on such websites. If you decide to link to any such third party websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
All materials, including images, text, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, programs, music clips or downloads, video clips and written and other materials that are part of this Website (collectively, the ‘Contents’) are intended solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may download or copy the Contents and other downloadable materials displayed on the Website for your personal use only. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Contents, the Website or any related software. All software used on this Website is the property of The Books Plaza or its suppliers and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The Contents and software on this Website may be used only as a shopping resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the Contents on this Website is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise noted, all Contents are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property owned, controlled or licensed by The Books Plaza ,one of its affiliates or by third parties who have licensed their materials to The Books Plaza and are protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all Contents on this Website is the exclusive property of The Books Plaza and is also protected by Indian and international copyright laws.
You understand that by using this Website or any services provided on the Website, you may encounter Content that may be deemed by some to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which Content may or may not be identified as such. You agree to use the Website and any service at your sole risk and that to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, The Books Plaza and its affiliates shall have no liability to you for Content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable to you.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless The Books Plaza, its employees, directors, officers, agents and their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, caused by or arising out of claims based upon your actions or inactions, which may result in any loss or liability to The Books Plaza or any third party including but not limited to breach of any warranties, representations or undertakings or in relation to the non-fulfillment of any of your obligations under this User Agreement or arising out of your violation of any applicable laws, regulations including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights, payment of statutory dues and taxes, claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy or publicity, loss of service by other subscribers and infringement of intellectual property or other rights. This clause shall survive the expiry or termination of this User Agreement.
This User Agreement is effective unless and until terminated by either you or The Books Plaza. You may terminate this User Agreement at any time by informing us in writing through Indian postal system by registered post, that you no longer wish to be associated with this website, provided that you discontinue any further use of this Website.
The Books Plaza may terminate this User Agreement at any time and may do so immediately without notice, and accordingly deny you access to the Website. Such termination will be without any liability to The Books Plaza. Upon any termination of the User Agreement by either you or The Books Plaza, you must promptly destroy all materials downloaded or otherwise obtained from this Website, as well as all copies of such materials, whether made under the User Agreement or otherwise. The Books Plaza’s right to any Comments shall survive any termination of this User Agreement. Any such termination of the User Agreement shall not cancel your obligation to pay for the merchandise already ordered from the Website or affect any liability that may have arisen under the User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
The Website is provided without any warranties or guarantees and in an “As Is” condition. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the Website.
The Website provides content from other Internet websites or resources and while The Books Plaza tries to ensure that material included on the Website is correct, reputable and of high quality, it cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case. The Books Plaza will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with the Website.
This disclaimer does not apply to any merchandise warranty offered by the manufacturer of the merchandise as specified in the merchandise specifications. This disclaimer constitutes an essential part of this User Agreement.
To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, The Books Plaza or its group/ affiliates companies or its suppliers shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses arising out of or in connection with the Website, its services or this User Agreement.
Without prejudice to the generality of the section above, the total liability of The Books Plaza to you for all liabilities arising out of this User Agreement be it in tort or contract is limited to the amount charged to you, against the value of the merchandise ordered by you.
The Books Plaza, its associates and technology partners make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, correctness and/or timeliness of any content, information, software, text, graphics, links or communications provided on or through the use of the Website or that the operation of the Website will be error free and/or uninterrupted. Consequently, The Books Plaza assumes no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by you on account of the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Website; and/or any interruption or errors in the operation of the Website.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website, including, without limitation,
- Accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any other user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, ‘flooding,’ ‘spamming’, ‘mail bombing’ or ‘crashing;’
- Sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of merchandise or services; or
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The Books Plaza will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or any activity being conducted on this Website. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Website other than the search engine and search agents available from The Books Plaza on this Website and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer).